Deuteronomy 6 paints a beautiful picture of family and God's heart for discipleship at home. In the everyday moments of life, dads and moms have an incredible opportunity to champion their faith in front of their kids. St. Marks wants to help families find their place in this story God is writing.
At St. Marks we welcome children of all ages as important members of the church, and we welcome the sounds and activity that accompany them! While we encourage your children to worship with you (we've created a Children's Bulletin to help them follow along and engage), we realize that there are times when they (or you) need a break. For that reason please feel free to utilize the following spaces:
- The Nursery is staffed by trained servant leaders for children 6 weeks to 3 years of age. The Nursery is located at the back of the Sanctuary behind the Connection Center. There is an electronic check-in system in the nursery for parents to check-in their little ones and fill out name tags. Children may be checked into the nursery anytime throughout the worship service, but we do ask that once they are checked in that they remain until the end of the service.
- The Nursing Lounge is located at the back of the sanctuary and provides a quiet space for parents of babies. There are rocking chairs, a changing table, and cribs for guests to use.
The Gathering Worship
- The Family Lounge is located through the double doors to the left of stage. There is comfy seating and sound is piped in so families can hear what’s happening in worship while children can move about freely.
- The Nursery is staffed by trained servant leaders for children 6 weeks to 3 years of age. The nursery is located behind the Family Lounge. There is an electronic check-in system next to the entrance for parents to check-in their little ones and print off name tags prior to entering. Children can be checked into the nursery anytime throughout the worship service, but we do ask that once they are checked in that they remain until the end of the service.
- The Pray-ground is located on the south side of our worship space. The Pray-ground is for young children with wiggles and happy feet. It is a space where children can have self-guided play individually or quietly with another. We ask that parents/guardians sit nearby this space to help monitor their children. When possible, we encourage parents/guardians to help children to participate in the worship as this engagement has a big impact on their faith development.
Nursery care is provided at all Sunday morning worship services for children 6 weeks - 3 years old. Our servant leaders are trained and screened prior to serving. For more information about our child care ministry, please click here to contact our Child Care Team Leader.
Sunday school classes for all ages are provided year-round from 10:00 am - 11:00 am. Pre-K through High School classes are located on the top floor of the church. Parents are required to check children in (PK-5th grade) using the KidCheck station. (Parents/Guardians can create their family's account online at home to make morning check-in easier. Simply go to www.kidcheck.com.)
*Teachers are trained and screened prior to serving.
- PK Class (ages 3 years - 5 years) Teachers: Ms. Holley Hannah and Ms. Katy Miller
- K/1st/2nd Class Teachers: Mrs. Shawn Doe and Ms. Tonya Rozelle
- 3rd/4th Class Teachers: Mrs. Kathy Harris and Mrs. Ashlee Johnson
- 5th/6th Class Teachers: Mr. Dave Anderson and Mr. Don Snyder
Spark Kids is our Wednesday evening ministry for elementary-aged children. We meet 6:45 pm - 8:00 pm. Spark Kids emphasizes fun and fellowship while also including a Bible-based lesson. Friends are always welcome! You can view our winter/spring schedule here.