Deuteronomy 6 paints a beautiful picture of family and God's heart for discipleship at home. In the everyday moments of life, dads and moms have an incredible opportunity to champion their faith in front of their kids. St. Marks wants to help families find their place in this story God is writing.
At St. Marks we welcome children of all ages as important members of the church, and we welcome the sounds and activity that accompany them! While we encourage your children to worship with you, we realize that there are times when they (or you) need a break. For that reason please feel free to utilize the following spaces:
- The Nursery is staffed by trained servant leaders for children 6 weeks to 3 years of age. The Nursery is located at the back of the Sanctuary behind the Connection Center.
- The Nursing Lounge is located at the back of the sanctuary and provides a quiet space for parents of babies. There are rocking chairs, a changing table, and cribs for guests to use.
- The Nursery is staffed by trained servant leaders and is located to the right of the stage.
- The Pray-ground is located on the south side of our worship space. The Pray-ground is for young children with wiggles and happy feet. It is a space where children can have self-guided play individually or quietly with another. We ask that parents/guardians sit nearby this space to help monitor their children. When possible, we encourage parents/guardians to help children to participate in the worship as this engagement has a big impact on their faith development.
- Backstage Kids is a worship experience just right for 4 year olds - 2nd graders complete with music, prayer, and an interactive message. Children are dismissed to Backstage Kids immediately following the Children's Message on the 2nd-4th Sundays. Backstage Kids is located "backstage" by entering through the doors to the south of the worship stage.
Nursery care is provided at all Sunday morning worship services for children 6 weeks - 3 years old. Our servant leaders are trained and screened prior to serving. For more information about our child care ministry, please click here to contact our Nursery Team Leader.
Sunday school classes for all ages are provided year-round from 10:00 am - 11:00 am. Pre-K through High School classes are located on the top floor of the church. Parents are required to check children in (PK-5th grade) using the KidCheck station. (Parents/Guardians can create their family's account online at home to make morning check-in easier. Simply go to www.kidcheck.com.)
*Teachers are trained and screened prior to serving.
Spark Kids is our bi-monthly, Wednesday evening ministry for elementary-aged children. We meet 6:15 pm - 8:00 pm on the 1st & 3rd Wednesdays of the month during the school year. Spark Kids emphasizes fun and fellowship while also including a Bible-based lesson. We begin each gathering in the DOCK for high-energy games, followed by a healthy snack. Then we move to the 2nd floor of the church for worship and interactive learning.
Friends are always welcome!
You can view our fall schedule here.